Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Princess

First, I want to share a picture of my lovebug, Daisy, with you. Dean had taken her outside and she is more of a lover than a fighter so she got scared and ran inside when my neighbor made a noise out in his yard. Mind you it was dark. So this was her after she ran inside and Dean brought her to the office to be consoled by mom.Now for the weekend. Can I tell you I don't know how in the world single mother's do it. Dean and I don't have kids as yet unless you count our furry children, but they are a lot of work too. I had my niece and the girls this weekend and thought I would die! It made me miss him all the more. Apparently I have become dependent upon my husband and not as independent as I once was.

So after my Pampered Chef show on Friday evening, I picked up Amanda-Shea at Shea's house. They had been to the park, gotten pizza, and ice cream. I was exhausted and lucky for me so was Amanda-Shea. We planned our Saturday on the way home and went to bed. Now the girls were not ready for bed and had slept most of the day so they decided to let us sleep for 2.5 hrs and then woke us up and wouldn't let us sleep the rest of the night.

Saturday! Got up and prettied ourselves up for the day. Decided it was best to look just alike in case someone decided we may not belong together so we both wore matching yellow Merced shirts. Amanda-Shea had gold glitter eyeliner since it was her special day.Met up with Shea and Miss Maddie at Opry MillsNow Amanda-Shea REALLY wanted a ring to match mine so since it was her day we went to Claires. We didn't find a ring BUT we did find a way to let everyone know it was her special day.Next stop...Build A Bear. Sarah, her first bear, gets something every time Amanda-Shea comes to Nashville for a visit. For this special occasion, Sarah wanted a friend. Not just any friend, a skating dog friend. So here is the progression of Blake, the black lab. They didn't have yellow to look like Lucy. :(

So now Blake can skate, has clothes, boots, leash, pajamas, virtual dog house, AND Sarah has a microphone so she can sing as she plays her guitar...somehow...because she has to hold them both.

Then we parted ways with Shea and Maddie. We went to Target to get party supplies. You know, party plates, favors, and and the bling we were looking for at the mall. Now even though we only had 2 people for our party, we went all out. High School Musical plates and matching stickers as favors. #7 candle to go on the cake. And why sing Happy Birthday just once when you can light the candle again and start all over! Here she is 2nd time singing, showing off her BLING Then she opened the rest of her birthday gift. Stay with me now, really cute story coming up. Pink Camo Purse that matches Jill-Jill's shoes, a new Herbie DVD on Telling The Truth, her once a visit fake tattoo, and her own cookbook with red sticky flags to mark the ones she wants to make. We make food every time we are together and she loves her cookbook as much as I love all of mine.

Now the story. As I was about to give Amanda-Shea the gift bag with the rest of her birthday gifts in it, I sat her down and explained that there weren't any drum sets, guitars, or flashy presents in there because she had wanted the Build A Bear trip and that was a pricier gift. She was sitting there and upon hearing this she looked down for a second and then up at me and with the saddest little face she said "I'm sorry Jill-Jill. I didn't want for you to have to spend all of yours and Jelly-Dean's money on me." To which I told her it was ok because we had planned on that gift so we wanted to do that for her but that was her big gift and she was so very worth it. I just didn't want for her to be disappointed when she opened the bag. She looked at me and with the sweetest smile on her face and twinkle in her eyes she said "I could never be disappointed with you Jill-Jill!" and jumped up and gave me the biggest hug. Be still my heart, I love that little girl more than humanly possible!

We played a game that night and went to bed. Got up Sunday and upon request, we made French Toast with the extra special Cinnamon Sprinkle from Pampered Chef. That stuff made me the bomb! Over breakfast we discussed cooking tips.To finish up our visit, we got ready and prettied up again. This time we used silver eyeliner and then used to to put a silver "T" on her cheek to give a shout to Texas, Texas Tech, or Tennessee which ever you wanted it to stand for.

How sweet is that face! I just love her so much. It should be noted that she really missed dean and wished she could be here next weekend so she could see him too. I dropped her off with her mom and I went to another Pampered Chef show. You don't care to hear the rest but I had to share about the birthday time. It was exhausting but a blast to have her. Now Dean is back and all is well in my world. :)

2 comments:

Amy Renee Vazquez said...

What a special birthday! You're such a great auntie.. I hope one day I might be too!

:-D

Nice illustrating photos, I need a camera darnit! I see in these pictures that you're definitely a #7. And with that ring, Amanda Shea's looking like a #14!

Living to Love said...

What a good aunt you are! I want you to be my aunt! he he! Cute story!