Monday, April 21, 2008

Sound the alarms!

So three posts in, this is officially becoming the "Dean and Jill talk about their dogs" blog. Sad that the most exciting thing in our lives are the (mis)adventures of our two canine misfits. It appears our girls have been watching TV during the day while we are at work, as the other night they attempted to recreate a TV show.

And by "attempted"... I really mean "succeeded."

Because of Lucy's recent surgery, neither of the dogs has had much playtime. They can't play together, because they are too rough, but we don't trust Daisy to be out by herself. So, with Lucy getting healed, we put up the two gates to lock Lucy in the kitchen/living area and we let her out of her cage, leaving Daisy in her cage in the kitchen. Jill and I headed to the office (down the hall) to work on organizing.

After awhile, we started hearing sounds like BOTH dogs were out, but we dismissed this notion, knowing that Daisy was locked safely away in her cage.

Now, at this point, I must point out that in the past, Jill and I have both observed Lucy and Daisy working together to free themselves from bondage (typically when Daisy is held captive). They were never successful. Not even close.

Just a few moments pass and Jill turns to me and says "Does it sound like both dogs are out?" I agree that it does and make my way to the hall, where I see not one, but TWO dog heads poking up over the gate, looking at me! Prison Break! THE DOGS CAN OPEN THEIR CAGE!!! As a homeowner, this is a disturbing thought. As a homeowner that has also caught Daisy gnawing on the couch frame, pulling up the carpet, chewing the island cabinet, ingesting the coffee table, and swallowing (or attempting) just about anything on the ground (or on the cabinet) that is slightly smaller than her throat... this is HORRIFYING news.

Currently, JillyDean's HomeLand Security has set the threat level to Orange.

3 comments:

April said...

ya'll are funny!

Amy Renee Vazquez said...

Oh my goodness. You guys and your babies are hilarious. I love reading these stories. Security has been breeched! Sound the alarms! hahaha..

Anonymous said...

I think it is all a part of a terrorist plot. It's pretty inovative, really.

You see, they actually leave the house while you are gone, and "deposit" terror through out your neigborhood.

I have contacted Homeland Security, and they are now taking sod samples from various yards on your street; testing for chemical / biological weapons of mass destruction.

Hope you guys have good lawyers.