So for our first blog entry, I am sorry to say, we won't be discussing anything profound or wonderful. No, instead you get to hear about the one of many weird happenings that I go through (we, now that Dean has joined my interesting world).
Background: My sweet Lucy Lu, pictured right, is our oldest sweetie pie. I have been in her life since she was 8 weeks old. My best friend Brian got her and I named her. He was over all the time and it was almost like Lucy was ours! She is such a joy and I wanted to be around dogs so badly (my mom has mine from my "at home years" and is in Chattanooga now). I grew very attached to Lucy. Brian bought a new place and, long story short, it was just too small for a Yellow Lab. Lucy had also grown quite found of Daisy Mae, our youngest lovebug (how we got her is a whole other story) and Lucy didn't want to be alone when Brian was away so Dean and I adopted her 1.5 months ago. We had been keeping her for Brian for a while by then, as he was often busy with music. I would have been lost without her anyway so my loving husband knew I would be a basket case without her.
All along the plan was for B, Brian, to have her spayed but had never gotten around to it just yet. She had always been fine and since she is my little girl I kinda forgot that that happens early with dogs. Wellll, it happened all right. We awoke to a grumpy little girl and then saw why. YUCK! She had been restless the past few nights and not as active but we didn't catch onto that. She stays inside and there aren't many dogs in our neighborhood so we don't have them hanging around the house either.
My poor little girl just whined and wanted to be petted. She normally sits so pretty and proper but now throws her leg out to the side like her sister, Daisy (who is VERY unladylike!). I am forced to accept that my baby girl is growing up
:-(
I called around to find a place that would be affordable to take her to and have her spayed since it is really expensive at our regular vet. She has an appt but they can't do it til Monday. Pray for us this weekend, please! And pray for me on Monday. I am trusting these people to take care of my Lucy and she is a girly girl. She doesn't want harsh scars!
Anyway, thanks for reading our first blog attempt and if you feel so inclined come back and visit often to see what is happening in our lives. I will post pictures in the future too. Just not in this instance because no one wants to see this.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhh noooo Lucy love is becoming a woman! Poor baby. And poor Jilly.. you have an interesting weekend ahead of you, my friend!
:-D Let me know how it all goes. And YIPPEE on your new blog! I'm so excited to read all about your crazy happenings!
Ahhh!! Your 1st blog!! Fun! & poor ya'll and poor Lucy!!
Post a Comment